MAV Technology was established by the Municipal Association of Victoria in 2004. It is an independently funded group of local government IT, digital and business transformation practitioners, who are committed to demonstrating leadership to improve council and community services.
MAV Technology provides member councils with:
- Communication channels for members to share ideas, resources, knowledge and experiences;
- Collaborative procurement opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
- Conference and forum events to encourage discussion and innovation;
- Workshops to share knowledge and expertise;
- Training programs for professional development;
- Awards to encourage and recognise innovation in ICT (Information & Communication Technologies);
- Advocacy for major transformative initiatives;
- A platform to collaborate with other levels of government and local government associations;
- Membership of LOLA International local government digital society.
MAV Technology is an advisory group of the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV). The MAV is a membership association and the legislated peak body for local government in Victoria, incorporated by an Act of State Parliament. Membership of the MAV is voluntary and all 79 Victorian councils are currently members.
MAV Technology membership is available to all Victorian Councils by annual subscription. Membership entitles ALL council employees and Councillors to access MAV Technology resources, events and communication networks. Associate membership is available to interstate members of LGITSA, LGTAS, LGAQ, WALGA, LGNT, LGNSW.
MAV Technology is managed by the MAV, with the support and assistance of a newly established Advisory Committee of representatives from member councils and the MAV. It operates under an MOU with the MAV, working towards a common goal of providing technology and digital advice, capability, services, resources and events to member councils.
All MAV Technology member councils are eligible to nominate representatives to participate on the MAV Technology Advisory Committee for a term of two years. Successive terms are permissible. The call for nominations for available positions occurs annually in July/August.
Engage with us
For more information connect with us via firstname.lastname@example.org